Friday, August 12, 2011

8 Week Appointment

Well, we survived our first appointment with Dr. C!   I was pretty nervous, I'm not going to lie.  I think every mom is probably nervous the first appointment.  I mean, all you have up to this point to show you are pregnant are a few positive tests and lots of nausea.  I was prepared for a long wait, but it really wasn't bad.  The drive isn't too fun, but I don't think there's anything we can do about that.  We knew by choosing Dr. C that the drive would be an hour.  It's not bad when I have Daddy B with me. :)

So Dr. C came in and pretty much just talked to me.  He was wearing the bracelet!  That was awesome!  It took him a minute to remember that we were the ones who gave him the bracelet and then when he realized, he said "I bet you thought I wouldn't be wearing it, didn't you!" We admitted he was right but he told us he hadn't taken it off, like he promised.  When I told him about my mom's accident and that I wanted an ultrasound to ease my stress, he understood.  He doesn't like to do more than the one ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there is a reason, but he said he knew where I was coming from and decided to write an order for it.  Then he said, "Erin, why are we wearing these bracelets?  To trust God!  We have to trust God with your baby, no matter what is going on."  I LOVE that I have a doctor who believes in the same God I do.  It makes this whole process mean so much more!

Daddy B and I both really loved their sonogram room.  At my last doctor, we just looked on the little ultrasound screen to see the baby but at this office, it is a separate room and the ultrasound is up on a large flatscreen TV on the wall.

Without further ado, meet our little baby bean:
Photobucket


I measured 8 weeks 2 days and the heart rate was 167.  The little head is at the top and the little tail that is quickly disappearing is at the bottom, if that gives you better perspective.

Next appointment is September 9th at 12 weeks!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's awesome about the sono! I'm so glad you found him :-) He sounds like such a great doctor.