Sunday, April 1, 2012

Early Labor

41 weeks, 2 days.

I know I have so many wonderful friends and family that are anxious to hear that the baby has been born, but I just don't have much to tell you yet.  I started having contractions yesterday around 12pm, started timing them around 3pm and they were 7 minutes apart.  I called Doula M and we felt sure this was it and she told me to call her when they were about 5 minutes apart.  They never got closer together and I went to bed around 12:30 am.  I woke up about every hour or so from a strong contraction, but did get relatively good sleep.  At 7am, I texted Doula M, timed a few and they were still 7 minutes apart.  They have been much stronger today, but have varied in time intervals.

I am very frustrated.  I felt sure this baby would be here by now and feel like people think I'm crazy for waiting so long. 

On a VERY good note, on Thursday afternoon I was here at my brother's by myself trying to keep occupied by watching a movie.  My brother travels Tuesday-Thursday and was due to be home around 4:30pm.  Well around 2pm, I heard the garage door open.  I figured my brother caught an earlier flight and was already home (which he does often.)  I heard the door to the house open said, "Hello?" and Daddy B walked around the corner!!  He has this weekend off and as much as I wanted to ask him to come to Texas, I wasn't going to because his mom is at our house with Baby C.  We went on a date Thursday night, went out to lunch yesterday and have just really been enjoying spending time together after three weeks apart.  He is definitely my rock.  His support these past few days through all these contractions has been so, so comforting to me.  I like just waking up in the night and feeling him next to me, asking if I'm alright after my many bathroom trips and holding me when I cry because I want my baby here so bad.  He keeps reminding me the baby is healthy and moving and that I'm not on a time limit.  I get really upset at the thought of him having to leave without me because the baby didn't make their apperance this weekend, but he decided to go ahead and start his week of vacation beginning tomorrow and stay.  We know it HAS to be soon.  I've had so many good signs that active labor is near.

I just love my husband, my brother, and Aunt K who have been putting up with me all weekend and encouraging me to hang in there.  I know my close friends and family know that I'm at the end of my rope with this pregnancy and appreciate their prayers.

Hopefully my next post will be this stubborn baby's birth story! ;)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Reading this brings so many tears to my eyes knowing that daddy came to town...and that must have been exactly what mama and baby needed for baby to arrive! So happy for you!!!!

Michelle (from BTR ICAN)