Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Old Wives Tales

While I was in DFW, Aunt K and I had fun trying everything we could think of (besides castor oil) to try to "induce labor."  We absolutely knew all of these things were old wives tales and the only thing that puts you in to labor is your baby and body being ready, but we figured I didn't have anything else to do so why not!

First, was the Tens Unit.  Aunt K is a physical therapist, so had a tens unit at her disposal.  We looked up the pressure points that are supposed to "send you in to labor" or "soften your cervix" and I would spend half an hour with them on those spots.  I have no idea what this pressure point is called, but it's the one about four fingers above the inside of your ankle.


My brother and Aunt K like to juice veggies and fruits.  While there, I had like FIVE whole pineapples,  with the entire core included!

Of course there was LOTS of ball bouncing the entire 3.5 weeks before my water broke.  Aunt K took this on St. Patty's Day (notice the green button) and wanted me to act like I was in "mid-bounce." hehe

Aunt K is an awesome cook and we decided to give fresh eggplant parmesan a shot.  Of course, we documented it just in case it really sent me in to labor (obviously, it did not).

Poor Aunt K burnt her fingers really bad on some hot olive oil :(

The final product was delicious!

When Daddy B showed up and surprised me the Thursday before the birth, he couldn't wait to give me my "push present."  So he told me he was rephrasing it my "push it out NOW present!" Aren't they beautiful?!

And finally a funny picture during a contraction a day or so before I went into true labor.  You could definitely see what side Baby B was hanging out on!

Next up, Baby C meeting his little brother!

No comments: