Saturday, November 5, 2011

20 Weeks

We had our 20 week appointment yesterday.  Everything went great!  Talked with Dr. C more about the move to LA and finding a new doctor.  He gave some more great tips and really gave me a hard time about leaving him.  :)

Amiga C met me out at the office.  It's about equal distance from our houses to Dr. C's office so it was really nice of her to drive the hour to go with me!

My blood pressure is looking good and was 116/71, the baby's heart rate was in the 150's and I'm feeling pretty good.  The only thing that is going on is that I have a pretty nasty varicose vein starting in my upper  left leg and wrapping around behind my left knee.  I had it towards the end of my pregnancy with Baby C, but this time I noticed it around 10 weeks and it has only gotten progressively worse.  Now it's starting to ache frequently and it has worried me.  Dr. C wrote me a prescription for support hose and wants me to wear them the majority of the day while I'm on my feet. Not thrilled about this development!  At least it's winter and I won't be suffering in the heat while wearing them.

So after consulting with Dr. C, we headed back to the ultrasound room.  I was excited to see my little baby!  I've noticed this pregnancy that I don't feel as much movement at this point as I did with Baby C and when I do feel it, it's in my lower belly.  I had wondered if maybe my placenta was in front and lo and behold, it is!  The ultrasound confirmed my placenta is anterior and is cushioning the little peanut's kicks and punches.  I'm a little sad about it because I LOVE these early movements, but am very thankful that the baby and I am perfectly healthy.  I know once they get bigger, I'll feel everything!

Everything measured perfect on the baby and they actually measured 21 weeks and were 14 oz and 11 inches long.  Even though we didn't find out the gender, the sonographer said she can assure us it is a boy OR a girl.  No in between.  I'm guessing boy! :)

Because we didn't want to chance a peek at the baby's goods, we didn't get a ton of time to watch the baby moving around.  One neat thing though is that when she did switch the TV on for us to watch the ultrasound, she concentrated on the face and turned on 4D!  We didn't have that with Clint because you had to pay extra for it.  It was really neat!  Here's my favorite picture.  Look at the lips!


Here's the monthly belly shot:


No comments: