Friday, January 27, 2012

32 Week Happenings

32 weeks today!  Can't believe that I'm only 8 weeks from my due date and 6 weeks from the final trip to Texas for the birth.  Time is flying by and this baby in my belly is getting bigger and bigger.  I realized something this past week... women want to get pregnant again because they remember the SECOND trimester.  Other than my leg getting worse, I felt so great the second trimester.  I had this cute belly, could feel the baby and more or less felt like my usual self.  Now that we're well under way on the third trimester, I have feet in my ribs, can't breathe when I bend over and my stamina is shot!  I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, but I just forgot what it felt like!  haha

Here's the proof that this baby is growing:


I travel to Texas next Friday for an appointment and then Aunt K, Amiga C and two other close friends are being sweet enough to throw my a baby shower to celebrate this little one on the way.  I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my favorite friends and family.  Look how cute the invite is! Amiga C had them made and I'm simply in love with them.

(edited to remove all personal info)

I am so blessed to have women in my life who love me and my children enough to want to throw a second baby shower for me.  It is not necessary, but very appreciated!

I'm getting more and more excited for the birth.  Like I said before, I'm not looking forward to the time away from Baby C and Daddy B, but I'm really looking forward to meeting this new baby and experiencing their very unique birth story.  I had a long talk the other day with Doula M about more of the details I'm concerned with surrounding the delivery day and she made me feel more at ease about everything.  I know she and Dr. C will support me through the entire process in ways that only they can do as professionals.  I'm already wondering how people do it without a doula!  I'm so thankful she is experienced and knowledgeable and I can text her "Why do I feel the baby's hiccups high up if they are head down?" and "How much raspberry leaf tea should I be drinking?"  You know, things I can google of course, but it sure is nice to have a person I actually know that I can ask the questions to and not feel dumb!  haha  So if you're reading, thanks Doula M! :)

No comments: