Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Ugly Truth

I like to think maybe I'm making too much of this vein on my leg.  Then, this morning before I got out of bed, I was looking at my leg thinking how it really almost looked normal in some places.

So I took a picture:
I mean, yeah you can see some of the blue parts of the vein under my pale skin, but for the most part, it looks relatively normal.  Behind my knee is the worst part, so I am happy that when I rest or elevate my leg, it looks so much better.  Gives me hope for post-pregnancy!


Then... I got up.  I stood just long enough to make the bed.
This is what my leg looks like a lot of the time.  
I'm sparing you the parts of my leg that are higher up, as no one really wants to see that. 

Anyway, thought maybe this would give it all some perspective.  
I sent the pictures to Doula M and her reply was "Oh E... sit!"

:(

Pity party for Mama E.  Reservation for one.

P.S.  I did start the herbal supplement Vari-Gone yesterday.  I hope that helps improve my leg some.  My mom also told me she was talking to my grandmother yesterday and was told that my great aunt and my great grandmother had similar vein issues during pregnancy, so I guess it really is just hereditary.  There are lots of "reasons" why you get these in pregnancy, but I don't really fit in to the categories for those causes.  The only one that really seems to make sense is genetics.  Although I did have a varicose vein "higher up" (if you know what I mean) towards the end of my pregnancy with Baby C, it never progressed in to something like this.  

No comments: