Sunday, February 12, 2012

33 Week Appointment & Baby Shower

Dr. C has been awesome about just going with the flow when it comes to my appointments.  I should "technically" be seeing him every two weeks right now, but since the pregnancy is healthy, I'm not seeing him nearly as often due to the driving.  I saw him at 29 weeks and last weekend was my baby shower, so I saw him the friday before at 33 weeks.

Everything went well at the appointment.  My blood pressure was something like 119/72 (can't remember now that it has been a week) and baby's heart rate was strong at 145 bpm.  I shared with him what had just happened the day before with Cousin M and Dr. C let me listen to the baby longer than normal.  I just cried hearing that sound and thinking of my sweet cousin and everything she had already been through.  I still tear up thinking about how much that heart beat meant to me during that appointment.  Both he and his partner midwife told me the baby sounded strong and perfect.  I've definitely relished every hiccup and (sometimes painful!) jab and kick since.

Cousin M is doing well, for those who are thinking and praying for her.  We have talked nearly every day, whether through text or a phone call and are trying to support each other in the ways we can.  We are both in unknown territory when it comes to supporting each other through the loss, as neither of us expected this turn of events.  I'm so thankful for my relationship with her and her encouragement for the natural birth I desire.  We are hoping her and her daughter will be able to come for a visit shortly after this baby is born so she can help me with her awesome nursing skills!  On that note, continued prayers as she deals with having to try to stop her supply for the first time.  She nursed her first daughter until she weaned right before she turned two and was really looking forward to a new nursing relationship with baby Charlotte.

To continue about my appointment, the baby also is continuing to measure two weeks ahead.  Baby C measured the same throughout the end of pregnancy and Dr. C warned me that this baby will definitely be larger!  I have faith that God designed my body to grow the perfect size baby for me to deliver and am not letting that scare me one bit.  I know they will be born exactly the size they need to be! The baby is still head down and considered in the "perfect" birthing position.  They haven't really done too much moving around my belly since they turned head down at 28.5 weeks.  In fact, the area they kick all the time is starting to feel a little sore! I'm headed back to Texas this coming friday for a wedding and my last appointment before the big transition at 38 weeks.  Dr. C will be out of the office, so I'm seeing his partner midwife at her birth center.  She has been at nearly all of my appointments and I'm looking forward to seeing the birth center, as I've heard a lot of great things about it through the ICAN of North Texas ladies.

I'm feeling pretty good still.  Getting more uncomfortable and can tell my pelvis and lower back are relaxing more and more.  Have had some nausea spells, but I read that's normal in late pregnancy.  Last night I was nauseous and had a head ache and being the paranoid mom that I am, I took my blood pressure.  Brian and I sort of laughed when it came back 109/66.  I never have had a problem with blood pressure, but I'm so worried something will come up that throws this entire birth plan off.  I should probably try to relax a little bit. ;)

Here's the two newest belly comparisons.  I have started taking a picture every two weeks, as I did the same thing with Baby C and want to have the same pictures as I did the first pregnancy.



The next day, four of my closest friends (who were all bridesmaids in my wedding!) threw me the most WONDERFUL baby shower I could have asked for!  The cherry on top of the entire thing was that my other sister in law (We'll call her Aunt D), surprised me by flying in from Georgia on Friday night!  She has my two nieces who are 7 and 4, and one has special needs, so she is a busy busy busy mama.  I was so touched she went out of her way to come celebrate with us!  Here's some pictures:





 Aunt K made all of this awesome food!  Her famous meatballs, ham and cheese croissants, tortellini skewers, spinach dip in a bread bowl (my fav!), and Chili's chips, salsa and salad.  My good friend J made that amazing cupcake owl and the dozen baby owls that surrounded it!

This tree represents everyone's guess of boy or girl and has a piece of advice written on the back.  
Girl won two-to-one!  

33 weeks and enjoying my shower :)

These were my beautiful hostesses!  L to R: Aunt K, Amiga C, (me), my friend J who I went to college with and my friend L who I've known since I was 5!  Love these four ladies so much!


I feel much more prepared after the generous gifts from the baby shower.  The baby room is nearly finished and I can't wait to share all of the hard work Daddy B and I have put in!


No comments: