Sunday, February 19, 2012

35 Week Midwife Appointment

I'm exhausted today.  This past weekend, we had our 35 week appointment with Dr. C's partner midwife on Friday and a wedding reception to go to that night.  We made it an overnight trip and I'm so glad I only have to do that drive one more time and it will be one way until after the baby comes.  It's just plain hard to sit in a car for 6 hours at this point!

Anyway, Daddy B, Baby C and I left Louisiana about 7:30am on Friday and made our way to Texas.  We actually arrived ahead of schedule and got to the birth center to see Dr. C's partner midwife at 2pm instead of our scheduled 3pm appointment.  I was really looking forward to seeing the birth center she practices at, as I've heard so many good things about it.  It truly did not disappoint!  On the outside it looks like an old house but the inside is completely remodeled.  The birthing suite is spectacular and made me wish in some ways I was going to birth there instead of the hospital.  I'd give anything to have that tub in the suite in my room at the hospital!  haha

Everything went well at the appointment.  Baby is still about 2 weeks ahead of schedule and the midwife guessed it weighs around 7 lbs right now.  She agrees with my prediction that this baby will be over 9 lbs at delivery.  My blood pressure was a little bit up, reading 126/85 (it's usually in the 110-120/60-70).  She said it was still in a great range and was probably due to the long drive and the VERY full bladder I arrived with when we got there!  Baby's heart rate was a strong 148-152 and the midwife had fun using the doppler chasing baby around.  Baby kept moving right as she'd get a good reading!  They had a little difficulty last appointment getting a good spot for the heartbeat too, but she didn't realize I have an anterior placenta and said that only adds to this baby seeming a little "fiesty," in her words. :)

Afterwards we headed to Daddy B's stepsister's house.  We couldn't stay with Aunt K and my brother because the wedding reception was for Aunt K's stepsister and her house was FULL.  I'll tell ya what, Daddy B and I definitely do not miss DFW traffic.  It took over two hours to get from the birth center to his stepsister's.  It should have taken an hour, tops!

The reception was fun and Baby C made it until about 9:30pm (he usually goes to bed at 8pm!).  It was definitely different being 35 weeks pregnant at an event like that.  I sat a lot and got second helpings of the awesome macaroni and cheese being served with dinner. :)  I sent Aunt K a text earlier in the week saying too bad I had to bring this with me and couldn't enjoy the open bar! ;)


We left the next morning around 11am and took our time getting home, arriving close to 6pm.  We stopped in Shreveport to check out the Toys R Us/Babies R Us there since our area doesn't have one.  We were really disappointed and will definitely be making the trip to Lafayette in a couple weeks to complete our registry.  Baby C was worn out from so much over two days and spent the last couple of the hours of the drive like this:
(notice the lollipop still in his hand haha!)

Next time I make that trip, it will be baby time!  Can't wait!  The reality of baby's arrival is making it's appearance around here.  Just today Daddy B put up the swing we are borrowing from Aunt K and my brother this time around.  It's all very surreal!


2 comments:

mew5875 said...

I have that exact same swing! A friend of mine gave it to me. Her daughters loved it :)

Mama E said...

We have a Graco one we bought with Baby C and he never really took to it. It only went back and forth. Aunt K used this with both her kids so hopefully this baby will like it too!