Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Nursery

The nursery is finally finished!  We drove to the closest Babies R Us today to complete our registry.  I did a little photo shoot when we returned.  All we were missing was the changing pad, but I was so excited to see it finally DONE!  

Here's is where our little one will (hopefully) lay their sweet head...

View from the door.  We ordered the vinyl decal from Surface Inspired on Etsy.


View from other side of the room, by the window.

You'll recognize the tree from the baby shower on top of the shelves!


I want to eventually do some art work with baby's name for above the changing table, but for now the banner from my baby shower works perfect!

My Aunt L made the baby that sweet quilt.  It matched the gingham yellow crib skirt perfectly!


Daddy B and I worked as a team to make the window treatment.  I bought some cheap white curtains and added some black out panels we already owned to the back.  Then, Daddy B cut the wood for the cornice board, I covered it with batting and material (watch out for the pregnant woman with a staple gun!), and he assembled and installed.  We are pretty pleased with how it turned out.  You can't tell, but it's yellow gingham like the crib skirt on the cornice board.

Here are some details of the room:
I knew I wanted a pillow for the glider and found this idea on pinterest.  I just free-handed the bird and made a pattern and then appliqued it all together.  Amiga C thinks this is the funniest pillow she has ever seen because the owl is peeking out going "Helloooo!"  haha


Also got the idea for the mobile from Pinterest.  Found a great pattern for the birds that I printed out online and then cut from felt and hand sewed together.



Just a sweet frame of our little baby at 20 weeks!


This shelf was in my nursery as a baby.  When I moved out of my parent's house, I took it with me and painted it beige.  We used it in Baby C's room until we moved to Louisiana.  Daddy B and I painted it and made it in to an accent piece for the nursery.  Daddy B's baby plate, bowl, cup and fork are on the top shelf and the bib on the second self was mine as a baby.


Here's a good shot of the mobile!  I tied the owls with twine to a twig wreath I bought at Hobby Lobby and then used twine to hang it from a hook in the ceiling. 


I think that gives you a pretty good overview of baby's room!  I really like how everything turned out.  I wanted a room that was light, bright and felt like a breath of fresh air when you went in.  I don't know if the pictures communicate that, but it really does have that feeling when you walk in.  I didn't plan for the owl theme to take over, but after my shower I seemed to have more and more owl accents and it definitely became the major theme of the room!  

Daddy B and I had fun today picking out a sweet going home outfit for our baby.  
I can't wait to fill one of these outfits with our newest addition!

1 comment:

Tory said...

What a great welcome home! Beautiful!